Outlook Express DBX file format description (OE DBX file format) with C++ source code DBX reader and examples
Update by Zvonko Tesic: Incomplete or incorrect info is marked with strikeout, followed by a correction.
Original work by Arne Schloh: These are my latest results on the OE dbx file format. I have not completely decoded the file format, but I estimate 90%. I am still working to fill same gaps.
Feel free to send bug reports, comments or code improvements using OE Classic Help & Contact (use 'OE DBX' as the subject line). I cannot promise quick reply (or any reply at all) as I am busy on many projects, but I will do my best.
You can download documentation and C++ source files. Use sources at your own risk.
Download (7z format)
- 2019-07-08 (0.8.04) - Updated 'message info'
- 2019-07-07 (0.8.03) - Updated 'file info'
- 2019-07-06 (0.8.02) - Updated 'folder info'
- 2002-04-19 (0.8.01) - New menu and some minor bugs fixed
- 2001-03-18 (0.6.03) - Message info index 0x23
- 2001-01-01 (0.6.02) - Only small bug fixes
- 2000-12-20 (0.6.01) - Txt to html conversion
- 2000-07-20 (0.4.02) - Second message tree
- 2000-02-10 (0.4.01) - Great changes to include 'folders.dbx'
- 2000-02-01 (0.2.04) - New: file info and conditions
- 2000-01-31 (0.2.03) - Some smaller errors deleted
- 2000-01-29 (0.2.02) - New: deleted object management
- 2000-01-26 (0.2.01)
Home of OE dbx file format